OK, from past experience I did know that I could buy almost anything on the internet, what I didn’t know was that I could also buy almost anything for my dog on the internet. When I say for my dog, let me clarify, it is for my dog, but mainly for my amusement. I am barking (bad pun) about my dog; I talk about him more than anything else and I am very aware of the eye rolling my husband and I get as we fawn over our fur baby as if he was our first born, but there are people out there way worse than me (at least that is what I tell myself as I tuck little Fido in at night under his purpose-bought doggy blanket).
These pet owners are not only incredibly dotty about their dogs, but they will also spend vast sums of money buying things that their pets neither want nor need just to make them…cute? (I assure you Fido does need a goose feather and down pillow on which to lay his head.) Other people’s obsession with their pets doesn’t necessarily make them bad pet owners, I mean you only have to watch the youtube videos of Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund to know that his life is far more privileged than the vast majority of children living in the UK, in fact if push came to shove I’d have to admit that I was maybe a little jealous of his lifestyle. But it always amazes me when I watch these youtube videos of dogs in outfits or cats dressed as penguins (or pigs) I’ve even found one of a bunny dressed as Robin (not batman). I firstly wonder where on earth they got these outfits and then secondly (and much more importantly) how they got their animals into said outfits? My dog would stalk out in disgust if I so much as brought home a hot dog bun costume.
So I got to thinking, if I could buy outfits for my dog online, what other funny dog supplies could I find…The first thing I stumbled across was a picture from pinterest – before I had even started I had seen it all.
- You can purchase a bumbag that your dog clips into, not a bag that you slip him into, or a rucksack that you wear on your back, no, a bumbag that he clips into, so you wear him on your hip.
- You can purchase a dog bed that is shaped like an airplane, you know, just because.
- You can get a ball with comedy teeth.
- Fancy a lion mane for your labrador? Look no further…
- How about a food mat to prevent spills (and says what they’re thinking?)
- A dog mansion. If it’s good enough for Paris Hilton’s dogs it’s good enough for ours!
- The woof washer 360; a unique dog cleaning system that claims to clean even the most hard to reach places in under a minute. I ask, what is wrong with the hose pipe?